By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st entire, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from top interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main updated and leading edge learn within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
In a swiftly altering global, we depend upon specialists to evaluate the promise and dangers of recent expertise. yet how do those specialists make experience of a hugely doubtful destiny? In Arguments that count number, Rebecca Slayton deals a major new point of view. Drawing on new ancient files and interviews in addition to views in technology and know-how reports, she presents an unique account of the way scientists got here to phrases with the remarkable probability of nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs).
Throughout the moment 1/2 the 20 th century, the woodland got rid of greater than three hundred billion cubic toes of bushes from southern forests. but whilst, partnerships among private and non-private entities stronger the stock, healthiness, and productiveness of this massive and resilient source. A finished and multilayered background, Forestry within the U.
The Thirties used to be a decade that supplied awesome breakthroughs within the box of forensic ballistics, or firearms identity. Following the St. Valentine’s Day bloodbath of 1929, the place ballistic specialist Calvin Goddard’s testimony introduced awareness to the quite new box, a number of forensic ballistic books have been released.
Ekphrasis is established as a rhetorical device for inducing enargeia, the bright experience reader or listener is de facto within the presence of the items defined. This ebook makes a speciality of the ekphrastic options utilized in historical Greek and Roman literature to explain technological artifacts. because the literary discourse on expertise prolonged past technical texts, this ebook explores 'technical ekphrasis' in quite a lot of genres, together with historical past, poetry, and philosophy in addition to mechanical, medical, and mathematical works.
- Sidereus Nuncius, or The Sidereal Messenger
- The Coming Technology Tsunami: A Personal History of the Future
- Creating the Twentieth Century: Technical Innovations of 1867-1914 and Their Lasting Impact (Technical Revolutions and Their Lasting Impact)
- Electronic Media: Then, Now, and Later
Extra info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks