By Thomas K. Hubbard
A spouse to Greek and Roman Sexualities provides a complete choice of unique essays on the subject of points of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views some of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in every one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and modifications among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impact at the knowing of later a while and religion
- Covers creative and literary genres, a variety of social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of medication, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty best foreign scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
« los angeles renaissance ou l. a. réforme de l’islam n’arrivera pas seule, il nous faut agir. Selon moi, l’homosexualité, quoi qu’on en dise, n’est pas un choix ; et il faudrait être fou pour choisir d’être homosexuel lorsque l’on vient du milieu socioculturel d’où je viens. Bien heureusement, ici en France, ce n’est plus un délit.
For Human Sexuality classes in psychology, sociology, anthropology, health and wellbeing and biology departments. (SP0801) This beautiful, readable and humanistic advisor to human sexuality achieves a valid stability among proof and knowing, giving scholars the data they should make dependable judgements and aiding them think cozy approximately themselves whereas studying approximately their sexuality.
How are we to reside with the large forms of sexuality and gender stumbled on around the swiftly altering international order? when a few international locations have legislated in favour of same-sex marriage and the United countries makes declarations approximately gender and sexual equality, many nations the world over hire punitive responses to such ameliorations.
Surveying the various sorts of non-possessive intimate relationships, this booklet explains how those substitute way of life preparations paintings, psychologically, and describes the advantages and dangers for these concerned inside modern contexts reminiscent of swinging, threesomes, polyamory, and leisure intercourse golf equipment.
Additional resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Thomas K. Hubbard